Wednesday 14 November 2012

Lush: Cleaner: Ocean Salt (£6.95/100g)

Ocean Salt is one of Lush’s cleanser/exfoliators, which I always come back to. Unfortunately, my face has a real love-hate relationship with Lush soups and cleansers, as I’ve got quite dry skin and these products only make drier. Ocean Salt, however, is the exception.



As ever, this lime, salt and vodka concoction smells delicious. It doesn’t help that it has the gorgeous texture of crystallised cake frosting, either. At first, the sea salt crystals seem to be a bit on the large size and they are abrasive, but they certainly don’t scratch or harm your skin (although sensitive skin types may want to only use once a week). In fact, your skin is left feeling clean and smooth, with the avocado butter and coconut oil preventing your skin from drying out.

This is one of the few products I use where I actually notice a difference straight away after using it, especially when I apply my moisturiser. It improves your skins texture and adds a healthy glow, improving not just the appearance of your skin without make up, but with it as well; foundation creates a far more even finish on a smooth base, another of the many reasons why exfoliating is important.

My only criticism is the packaging. I do realise that it’s recyclable, which is fantastic, but the simple pot with a twist lid seems a tad unhygienic and is also pretty difficult to open when you’ve got wet hands! I combat this by making sure my hands are clean (as they should be anyway, when treating your skin) and storing the pot in a cool, dry place.

If your skin is a little on the dry side and you want an exfolitor that works, this is ideal for you. If you do have sensitive skin, however, I’d advice picking up a tester pot and trying it out once or twice to check that it’s compatible with your skin type. Also, always remember to moisturise afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment