Friday 18 January 2013

Rimmel London: Moisture Renew Lipstick: Vintage Pink, Diva Red and Rose Passion (£6.29 each)


Recently I tested Barry M's Moisturising Lip Paint in Pink Champagne and Cranberry Red and was really pleased with the results, so when I saw Rimmel had a similar product out, I had to give it a go.

Firstly, the packaging is amazing. It was what originally caught my eye since I'm like a magpie when it comes to shiny things. It manages to be bright whilst being sophisticated and mature. The problem with some bright packaging, especially pinks and purples, is that it can come across as childish and will discourage most people. When you're over the age of ten, the last thing you want to be reminded of is those fake, plastic lipsticks that smelled like cherry, that you used to get with your dolls. This product, however, is not like that at all.


Vintage Pink is a very wearable, pretty pink. It's sort of a dull pink with hint of purple. It's incredibly feminine and a nice change to a nude or icy, pale pink. The formula is seriously soft and moisturising; it almost feels like a lip balm, which is perfect for all this cold weather.
It also lasts a long time, I wore it out while it was snowing today and it hardly faded. I was very impressed.


Diva Red caught my eye because I was on the look out for a new red lipstick. It's a deep, sexy crimson and goes on a lot smoother than most red lipsticks I've tried. The colour's really even for such a pigmented product, which was remarkable.


Rose Passion is like Diva Red's younger sister. It's pinker, lighter and brighter but looks really similar on the lip. Again, I was pleased with the even coverage, as well as the lipstick's moisturising qualities.

£6.29 for each lipstick is an absolute bargain. The colour selection for these lipsticks is extraordinary, with 16 different shades/colours that I could find, and I'm really keen to try some of their other colours. They go on smoothly and softly, their pigmentation is fantastic and they last for ages. 

Rimmel's lip products are bang on at the moment; cheap but not lacking in quality, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at their range. And with their Apocalips collection shortly arriving, it looks like 2013 will be a good year for Rimmel London.

No comments:

Post a Comment