Friday 4 January 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Light Blue

I wanted to try a contrasting look using the blue I'd used for my 'Dark Blue' tutorial. I kind of winged this one but I thought it actually looked quite pretty in the end.


Apply a white shadow, preferably shimmery, over your eyelid, all the way up to your brow bone.


Get your blue on either a pencil brush or angled brush and draw along your crease, flicking the line out at the end, rather than bringing it down to the lid. Then shade underneath your eye and draw upwards to meet the top line.


Use a silver (or white) eyeliner for your waterline.


Apply silver eyeliner on your top lash line.


Apply mascara. I would recommend using black mascara here, rather than blue, because it helps frame the eye. The other colours are quite soft and if you don't use a dark colour to tie it all together somewhere, it could look washed out and weak.


The more I look at this look, the more I like it. I think it's a great way to start incorporating brighter colours into your makeup, without feeling uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment