Friday 4 January 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Dark Blue

I've had this particular in my head for a while now; I saw an image of a woman wearing incredibly dark blue eyeshadow and I instantly wanted to know where I could get it. I don't often wear blue, especially in regards to makeup, but dark blue looks completely enchanting. 
Instead of trawling the internet for this shade, I decided I could try and recreate it using colours I already own, saving me both time and money. I also wanted to show how the same colour can be used to create completely different looks (as you'll see in the following tutorial: Light Blue).


After priming your eye (you know the drill, by now) add a black shadow all over your lid and underneath your eye.


Apply white to the brow bone and a bright blue (I used Chaos by Urban Decay) over the top, blending it up into the crease.


Line your eyes with black pencil.


Line your top lash line with black and apply some mascara. I used black, but blue mascara would look really interesting here.



I'm over the moon with this look. I love how adding the blue over the top gives it a velvety effect. It also draws out eyecolour, no matter what colour that it. It contrasts with my brown eyes, so it makes the colour in them pop. However, if you have blue or green eyes, I can imagine it'd draw out the colour in them, making them look brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment