Tuesday 29 January 2013

MAKEUP TUTORIAL: PEACOCK

Okay, guys, I'm going to level with you here. Today was meant to be video  tutorial day (I also realise I was supposed to write a blog yesterday) but I'm a complete hot mess right now. It's a long story, but my right eye has swollen up and although it's not half as bad as it was yesterday, it's still pretty nasty-looking.
I didn't just want to leave you guys with nothing, so did a quick picture tutorial using my good eye instead. It's not great, could have been better. It started off as kind of a green smoky eye and morphed into peacock... I don't know... but it's something, so I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.


Right. Prime your eye because this has loads of colour in it and you need the pigment to show through.
Add a black shadow all over and underneath the lid. I used matte (Blackout by Urban Decay) but I'm sure shimmer would work just as well.


Add a dark, shimmery green over the top. Blend it upwards into the crease and underneath the eye as well. Junkie by Urban Decay is perfect.


Wack some dark blue above and into the crease, as well as below the eye.


Blend some bronze above the blue.


Smear some sort of gold below to eye.


Line your waterline.


Line the crap out of your top lid, winging it and joining it to the bottom line.


Use the same black and green you used earlier to mix and fill in your eyebrows, just to be crazy.


Apply some mascara and false eyelashes. The bigger and more feathery, the better.






No comments:

Post a Comment