Wednesday 9 January 2013

Makeup Tutorial: 5 Minute Natural Makeup

I was getting ready this morning to go run errands and realised that I a) didn't have much time to get ready and b) didn't fancy wearing much makeup today. I therefore decided to challenge myself to create a 5 minute makeup look, since I usually take at least half an hour, and was pretty pleased with the results.


I've been staying faithful to my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder, so since I didn't fancy wearing too much foundation, I just buffed some of this into my skin to even out the tone.


I then swirled my current favourite blush by Soap & Glory onto the apples of my cheeks and then the darker colours under my cheek bones a little.


Since I wasn't wearing liquid foundation and I've been sleeping terribly recently, I thought concealer was more than necessary. 


I filled in my eyebrows using the lighter colour in Urban Decay's Brow Box. I usually use the darker but felt it'd be too harsh on my face today.


I then used a shimmery taupe over my top and bottom lid to help brighten up my eyes. I dabbed a bit of highlighter onto my brow bone and (although I forgot to do it here) the inner corner of my eye.


White or nude eyeliner on the water line opens up and brightens the eye; great for when you're feeling tired.


I then applied a couple of coats of my newest purchase: They're Real! Mascara by Benefit.


I used a nude lipstick today, however, a bright lipstick looks great with minimal eye makeup. I personally like wearing bright red.


So there you have it, my natural, five minute makeup look. I actually really enjoyed this. I'm not one of these people who likes going out without makeup on, but I can do it and I think that's important. This is halfway between the two and felt great. 

I'm really tempted to try a 5 minute smokey eye. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment