Wednesday 23 January 2013

FAVOURITE WINTER BEAUTY PRODUCTS

With all this snow we're having over here in the U.K., I thought I'd just go with it and list my favourite winter beauty products.


My first eye product has to be white shimmery eyeshadow, specifically Zephyr by Urban Decay. It's not only great to use as a highlighter, but fantastic all over the lid; it really brightens the eye and catches the light. It gives a gorgeous, frosty effect, which reminds me of snow.


My next eye product is Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Silver. This is a great dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencils and about a third of the price. The silver in particular was really shimmery; I loved wearing it in my waterline to add a bright, icy quality to my eyes.


My third winter-y eye product is Barry M's Metallic Liquid Eyeliner, also in silver. This cheap product creates an impressive effect; its applicator making it very simple to apply and get imaginative with.


My final eye product is Stargazer's Glitter Mascara, which I used in my Snow Princess makeup tutorial. It's cheap but can look really pretty if applied properly; I'd advise applying your usual mascara first and then, once that's dried, applying this, using the very end of the wand, to coat the tips of your eyelashes. Applying it this way makes sure the light catches it and it really sparkles. In my tutorial, I made sure to apply several coats, letting it dry in between so that it gave the effect of ice crystals frozen to my lashes.


Moving onto my favourite winter face products. Highlighter. Highlighter. Highlighter. I love highlighter; I just think it creates such an ethereal look when applied properly and I adore it. In winter, especially, apply on the tops of your cheekbones, just where the light hits them naturally, it's amazing and I've been wearing it all the time.


It's no secret that I've been obsessing recently over this blush by Soap & Glory and it's nothing short of perfect for all this snowy weather. It's shimmery and icy without being too pigmented that it looks odd with all the white/silver makeup you'll (apparently) be wearing on your face.


I had a love/hate relationship with Rimmel's Metal Rush nail polishes, but with Pearly Queen, it was definitely love. It was one of the prettiest varnishes I've ever encountered; shimmery, icy and iridescent, it's perfect for this cold weather.


Sidecar by Urban Decay, found in their Naked Nails Nail Set, was a pleasant surprise for me. In the bottle, it looked as if it was just a glittery nude, nothing special or particularly appealing for me. Upon the first coat I was slightly more impressed but still wouldn't be rushing out to tell people about it. However, after the second coat, I was in love. A pinkish nude with silver glitter, it reminded me of winter mornings when the frost is glistening on the roof tops, grass and fences. Magical.


Creep, also from the Naked nail palette, is perhaps an unusual choice for my winter favourites. However, the dark grey varnish with loads of silver glitter reminds me of a clear, winter night's sky.


Pink Champagne by Barry M is an incredibly subtle, but shimmery, lipstick. It adds a pretty shine without that concealed lip look, which I'm not a fan of.


This was one of my favourite lipsticks of last year. Barry M's Cranberry Red is a gorgeous, rich, sexy colour. I chose this because I love the look of just mascara on the eyes and a bright lip, especially when it's icy or snowing. Some times, a matte lip is exactly what you need to contrast all the glistening snow.



My final favourite winter product has to be... wait for it... CHAPSTICK. It may not me glamourous, it may not plump your lips up or make them look sexy, but it stops them from getting dry and icky in this cold, winter weather. Let's have a round of applause for Chapstick, shall we?

Please check out my YouTube Channel for videos every Tuesdays and Thursday and subscribe if you enjoy them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment