Wednesday 2 January 2013

December (2012) Favourites

I'll start off by saying: HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I hope you all had a great evening whatever you did. 

I've got loads planned in the upcoming months, including making this blog  jazzier and a little bit more organised, and making a YouTube channel.

With that in mind, I thought I'd post a 'favourites' blog (something that's pretty popular on YouTube in vlog form) to get a little practice in.

In December, I got Urban Decay's Vice Palette and I ended up using two of the colours more than all the rest: Echo Beach and Nevermind.


Echo Beach is a shimmery champagne, while Nevermind is a richer, toasted colour. My favourite makeup right now is to cover the lid in Echo Beach and blend Nevermind into the crease and outter corner. Similar to this look:


It's pretty and subtle, allowing you to dress it up or down depending on what look you're going for. For example, above, I've used black eyeliner and false eyelashes to make an elegant going out look (tutorial here) but you could also add brown eyeliner to your top lash line and just a bit of mascara for a more dressed down, natural look.

Soap and Glory's Love at First Blush was a bit of a revelation to me. I never thought I could fall in love with a blush so easily, since I'm usually all about the eyes, so when I found myself going to this blush everyday, it surprised me.


Not only is the packaging and presentation adorable, but it literally goes with any look. It's as if the pigment in it picks up the colours in your other makeup and this brings out different tones in the blush, I don't know! What I do know, is that it's amazing.

Rimmel is a bit of a 'go to' brand for me at the moment. Reasonably priced and decent quality, it's hard to go wrong. However, their run away product for me so far has to be their Stay Matte Powder


I've used it over the top of both highstreet/drugstore liquid foundation and high end and it's flawless over both. It not only gives a matte, perfect finish, but makes your foundation last hours longer and is so cheap, it'd be ridiculous not to get it.

Another Urban Decay product just had to make it into my December favourites and that's their 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion.


I knew I'd love this product as soon as I saw it and it didn't disappoint. I use this for pretty much every makeup look I create now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last but not least, there's one product that I've been wearing on my nails almost ALL December and that's OPI's Goldeneye.


I'm not sure whether it's because it's festive or my current obsession with gold but this month I just couldn't get enough of this metallic, glittery nail polish.

I wore it with sparkly red (OPI - The Spy Who Loved Me) for one Christmas meal and pearl (Rimmel - Pearly Queen) for another:


Matte black (Illamasqua - Scorn) for New Year's Eve:



And in my opinion, it's perfect (and it lasts forever).

So there are my December favourites. I was actually surprised with how easily these came to me and how quickly some of these products had wormed their way into my everyday routine. I can't wait to see what the next month brings (cough, cheesy, cough).

No comments:

Post a Comment