Thursday 7 March 2013

BARRY M: NAIL PAINT: PEACH MELBA (£3)

I desperately wanted to find a pretty peach/pink to try since it seems Spring has sprung. I'm not usually into peach colours, I'm a lot more partial to creamy, neutral colours in Spring, but I wanted to branch out a bit more. I also wanted to try a cheap, highstreet/drugstore nail polish, since most of the nail products I review tend to be on the expensive side and I know most people aren't willing to spend that much on one product.


I bought Peach Melba by Barry M for under £3, which anyone will agree is incredibly cheap for a nail varnish. As much as I love Barry M, I wasn't expecting much; their products are always reasonably priced but under £3 is borderline taking-the-piss.

Firstly, I'm not sure about the colour; one minute I like it, the next it reminds me of burger sauce. I reckon it'd look gorgeous on dark skin but on my pale skin, it looks a bit odd.

The consistency of the product was just as confusing. It was really thick, gloopy and was so streaky it was infuriating to apply. However, after a couple of minutes it seemed to even itself out, it only needed one coat as it was highly pigmented and dried incredibly smooth. 

Something that's really impressed me about this polish, is that I've been wearing it for 3 days now and it hasn't chipped at all; this is with no protective coat over the top, as I thought it looked too thick and didn't have time to wait for it all to dry. 

This humble £3 nail polish has held up A LOT better than a lot of the £10 bottles I own, and that's a tall order.

Bravo, Barry M. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment