Monday 11 March 2013

FEBRUARY '13 FAVOURITES

I'm always so late with these favourite posts! So, without further ado, here are my February favourites. Admittedly, there are only four this month, but I guess that's better than nothing!

My first favourite is one of the eyeshadows found in the Ammo Palette by Urban Decay, which I reviewed in early February.




I loved the whole palette, but there was one colour which really stood out for me and that was Mildew. I never used to wear green on my eyes but since getting this palette, that's completely changed. This shimmery, mossy green is stunning on brown eyes and I can't imagine it looking anything other than amazing on blue, or even green eyes; the colour is just that pretty. 
It's really encouraged me to start wearing colours on my eyes again; I'd wear them for tutorials but never out of the house, so this palette has really sparked a love of experimentation in me which had momentarily disappeared.

My next February favourite is from Urban Decay again, but for once it's not an eyeshadow!



I only reviewed the Naked Flushed blush trio this month but this was after extensive 'testing' *winkwink* throughout February where I wore it pretty much every time I left the house.

This blush is pretty, pigmented and absolutely perfect for spring.

Next on the list has to be Illamasqua's awesome Speckle nail polish.



It's a bit pricey but has an awesome effect and comes in a range of egg-shell themed colours. Also, a pretty cool addition to any nail polish collection with Easter merely weeks away.

My favourite lip product of February is once again an OCC Metallic Lip Tar, this time in the shade Electric Grandma.




This shimmery coral with more than a hint of gold is an awesome spring colour and generally unique. It looks a lot thicker than it actually is and is a great way of making toned down, neutral makeup look crazy, in a good way. What could look really good, is if you had a really dark, dramatic smokey eye, and instead of red or neutral lips, wear this splash of coral to make it a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment