Saturday 16 March 2013

SUGARPILL: BURNING HEART PALETTE (£24.99)

I've been hearing a lot of noise about Sugarpill for a while now; some of my favourite makeup artists use it for creating dramatic, pigmented, eye makeup looks. So naturally, I had to check 'em out.


The packaging is cute and pretty, with a magnetic lid; the lid feels pretty sturdy but I still don't think I'd trust it floating around in my handbag. It's also got a decent-sized mirror inside, which is always handy.


Inside are four colours: Flamepoint (orange), Buttercupcake (yellow), Love+ (red) and Poisonplum (purple). I'm a sucker for red, so Love+ was my real favourite, despite all the colours being great.

They're all incredibly bright, almost scarily so, at first glance. I was also a little bit concerned, as they looked and felt a little too pressed. However, after using them for my last three makeup tutorials (Snow White, Belle and Cinderella) those doubts disappeared.

Upon first application, they don't seem nearly as pigmented as they do in the pan. However, they build quickly, so keep at it for a few minutes and you get awesome colour payoff.

The only real downside to Sugarpill's eyeshadows, is that there's not enough of them! Getting hold of their cosmetics is pretty difficult in the UK, with the only website I can find that sells them being Love Makeup. Even on there, the range is small and not exactly varied. If Sugarpill brought out a larger palette, like Urban Decay regularly do, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be lining up to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment