Wednesday 1 May 2013

APRIL FAVOURITES '13

In an attempt to make this blog a little more personal, I decided my 'favourites' posts shouldn't just be beauty favourites, but favourites in general.

Scent

Firstly, my favourite scents for April have to be Yankee Candle's Mango Peach Salsa and DKNY's Be Delicious.


Mango Peach Salsa is a fruity (as you probably guessed) fragrance, perfect for spring. It's pleasant and pungent, without being overbearing and sickly. It's a lot sweeter than 'salsa' suggests, but leaves a really pleasant smell in the room for a while after burning. 

I've been burning this candle almost everyday, as you can probably tell by how 'well loved' it looks. Yankee candles may seem expensive at £20 for a large one, but they do last a long time and give any room a nice feel.


I've been spraying myself with this bad boy every time I leave the house this month. This fruity and every-so-slightly floral scent from DKNY is lovely for spring; it's fresh and light but hangs around on your skin for a good amount of time.

Beauty

I'm going to start with Hand Food by Soap & Glory as it links quite well with favourite scents.


 I wrote a review on this little bottle of awesomeness not that long ago and have been using it religiously ever since. It smells amazing, is such great value for money and honestly works wonders. I cannot recommend this enough.

Next is a lip product which I bought a while ago and have completely fallen in love with: OCC's Lip Tar in Vintage.



 I've ranted and raved about OCC Lip Tars until the cows came home. I find the shade mature, yet sexy and perfect for a statement lip. I've really got into wearing brighter colours on my lips recently and this has definitely been my go-to lip product this April.

Next is a beauty product that I've rated pretty highly for a while, but always used as an accompaniment for another colour. However, this month I've been using it all on its own.


Busted by Urban Decay is a dark, matte brown. Nothing more, nothing less. I usually use it in my crease to accent the socket, or underneath to make a simple look more intense. However, this month I've found myself packing it onto my primed eyelid and blending it upwards all by itself. Slap on a bit of black eyeliner and mascara with it and you're good to go. I find its a nice twist on a black smoky eye and goes really well with my new favourite lip product (mentioned above).


Here is a somewhat poor quality picture of me wearing said makeup.

Nails

My favourite nail polish of April just had to be Teal by Barry M.


This gorgeous metallic teal, other than being a gorgeous colour, lasted for ages with minimal chipping and barely cost anything. More of less perfect in my book!

App.

I thought I'd give my current favourite app. for my phone a mention, since I'm completely obsessed with it.

Vine is a social networking app. that involved recording 6 second videos to share with your followers. Whether it's an arty, stop motion, mini-movie you create, or just a short video of you and your mates out and about (pretty much all I do...), it's an awesome app. There are a few bugs and kinks that need to be ironed out, for example, it seems to hate posting to Facebook and will completely freeze sometimes if I try, but hopefully these are being worked upon.

You can find me on Vine @NiaGriffiths :)

No comments:

Post a Comment