Wednesday 22 May 2013

STATEMENT NECKLACE: COLLAR

Here's another installment in my statement necklace series. You can catch my other necklace blog on spikes here

This time I'm going to be talking about one of my favourite necklaces, my gold and silver collar. 

Collars were really big last year but there's no reason you can't wear one now. Like with most statement pieces, they can jazz up what could be a dull outfit but I also feel they can go with a crazy, patterned outfit if the colours don't clash too much. I particularly like to wear mine with a simple, black dress with high neckline so that the collar is level with it.


I bought this around Christmas time from New Look and I'm completely in love. I'm totally convinced it goes with everything (and don't you dare try to tell me otherwise!). I really like necklaces that hang close to the neck and this one does that perfectly. 


It only cost around a tenner, which I think is a bargain considering the amount of times I've strapped this thing round my neck. Collars are pretty cheap, a great way to get a piece of statement jewellery into your outfit without being too 'out there' and I think every jewellery box should contain one.

No comments:

Post a Comment