Monday 13 May 2013

PASTEL (TUTORIAL)

I think a new makeup tutorial is well overdue, so, since spring has sprung, what better tutorial than a pastel one.


Lips




I'll start with lips, since they're probably the aspect that jumps out the most. I added a bit of a twist by using Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion as a lip liner, and OCC's Lip Tar in Tarred to fill them in.

Skin



Cheeks



I then applied a slight bit of the bronzer under my cheekbones from Urban Decay's Naked Flushed Palette before using the highlighter from the same palette to highlight my cheekbones. I then went in pretty heavy with the blush; I used my new favourite Sleek blush in Pomegranate to not only go over the bronzer and contour my cheeks, but also as a blush.

Eyes


After priming my eye, I went in the pastel yellow/lime (upper left) and covered my whole lid.
I then went in with the green (upper right) and used it to shade my crease and outer corner.
I then used the pale pink (lower left) underneath my eye and the purple (lower right) to fill in my eyebrows.


I used Urban Decay's Polyester Bride as a brow bone highlight and Shattered as a inner corner highlight.


I thought it'd be a nice change to use silver (Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl eyeliner in Silver) instead of white or nude.


I then went in with Perversion on my upper lash line just to thicken it rather than line it.


I then applied a generous couple of coats of Collection's new mascara Big Fake Ultimate, which is awesome by the way (expect a full review very soon).



I really like the contrast between the harsh lips and cheeks, and the soft eye makeup. It's something that's new to me, since I usually go pretty heavy on the eye makeup and more neutral on the rest (bright red is neutral, right?). Pastel eye shadows are pretty easy to work with since they blend together so well, so if you're a beginner with blending, it might be cool to start out with these kind of shades.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment