Tuesday 14 May 2013

FOREVER REPURCHASE

In direct contrast to my Don't Believe The Hype blog post last week, in which I showed you the beauty products I definitely would not be repurchasing any time soon, I thought I'd show you that I'm not completely miserable and share with you some of the products that I buy again and again.

I'm hoping, as with the other post, this will be an ongoing thing and I can add more and more products to my 'can't live without' list.


I'm just going to jump right in with the face wipes I've been using since I was a kid, Simple Cleansing Wipes. These remove makeup well whilst being gentle on skin and come in a range of different types including exfoliating. 
They're around £4 for a big pack, which is pretty much the going rate with face wipes but I'm always finding them on sale. They also have a really nice, light scent, which I like since I don't like putting really smelly stuff on my face.


I love this conditioner by Lush so much that I actually just went scanning through my blog convinced I'd written a review on it.

American Cream is not the cheapest conditioner in the world (£14.25/500g) but it's left my hair in the best condition it's ever been in. It doesn't contain all the substances that regular conditioners use to make your hair feel soft and smooth straight after washing. These don't actually help your hair, they just give you an immediate result so that you repurchase their product and think it's doing the job. This is not the case with American Cream, in fact, apart from the delicious vanilla scent it gives off, I couldn't see much right with it when I first used it. However, after a few months of using it and coincidentally using up my first medium bottle, I was hooked and went straight onto the Lush website to order the big bottle.

It makes my hair feel amazing, calming the frizz that my naturally curly hair seemed to constantly have, and smells gorgeous. I simply can't imagine my hair care routine without it.


This product I have definitely already written a review of! Another item from Lush, their Ocean Salt facial scrub is to die for. Again, I was originally taken in by the fresh, zesty scent and after several uses, my skin was softer, smoother and brighter. As ever with Lush, it's not the cheapest product (£12.95/250g) but most good facial scrubs are rarely less than this. I've gone through about 4 large pots of this stuff over the last year, so if that doesn't speak for itself, I don't know what does.


This wouldn't be any sort of favourites list of mine without an Urban Decay product on here, but instead of the eyeliners or eye shadows that I usually rave about, I picked their Primer Potion. I'm on my second tube of this stuff in two years (considering it's £15, it's well worth the money) and I use this a few times a week, so it really lasts. 

Primer is important; it helps your eye shadow stick and also makes the pigment in it stand out so you can really get your money's worth and, after always using Urban Decay's primer, I've never felt the need to look elsewhere.

I hope to be adding to this list pretty soon, as I've found several products recently that I'm completely in love with, but I didn't want to add them to a repurchase list without having actually repurchased them. 

Use what works for you and stick with it. Remember, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment