Thursday 27 December 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Bronze and Purple

This is the final installment in my 'metallic series': bronze and purple. I've really enjoyed the previous two tutorials 'Blue and Gold' and 'Silver and Green' but unfortunately this one didn't turn out how I'd hoped. However, I thought I'd put it up on here anyway.


After priming your eyes, filling in your eyebrows and adding a shimmery highlighter to your brow bone and inner corner of your eyes, find a shimmery bronze (I used Urban Decay's Penny Lane) and apply it to the inner halves of your eyes and along your bottom lid.


Apply a pigmented purple to the outer halves of both lids and blend both colours into each other.


Use a bronze eye pencil along the top lid and black along the water lines.


Apply black eye pen to the top lash line and black mascara.


This look is a lot more understated than most of my other tutorials and the eyeshadow looks a lot less pigmented in the pictures than it does in real life. If I was to improve it, I'd probably not apply the bronze eyeliner on the top lash line, as I feel it drowns out the rest of the look.

Follow me on Twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment