Saturday 22 December 2012

Rimmel London: Metal Rush Nail Polish: Purple Reign (£3.99/8ml)

After a mixed reaction to Rimmel's other Metal Rush nail polishes, Pearly Queen and Gold Save the Queen, I wasn't sure about Purple Reign. It looked quite pretty in the bottle, with hues of pink, purple and even gold in some lights, but I'd learnt with the others that looks can be deceiving when it comes to two tone nail polishes.



I only needed to use two coats of this varnish and this time it dried really evenly and quite quickly. I think this might be because, before they were dry, I scrapped all the polish off the brush and went back over my nails, therefore taking off any excess that may have dried lumpy. As with the others, it only lasts a few days without chipping, however, you can minimalise the risk by applying a strong top coat.
The colour is gorgeous and unlike anything I own; I own purples and pinks but this has a completely different dimension. In some lights it appears as a deep indigo, in some pink gold, so I'd honestly say it's multi-tonal, rather than two tone.
It's a really nice change to simple reds or purples during the festive period, but is also pretty enough to wear all year round so I'd really recommend it, especially for only £3.99. 

No comments:

Post a Comment