Friday 21 December 2012

Soap & Glory: Supercat Eyeliner Pen (£6)

You've probably realised by now, since I use it in most of my makeup tutorials, that I love eyeliner pens. They're quick and make the job easier, while having strong black pigment. My only problem with my old one by Colorsport, except for the fact it was getting a old, is that it was by a brand that wasn't too well known and therefore harder for people (and myself) to find. I therefore wanted to look at a different brand for my next eyeliner pen.


As ever, the Soap & Glory packaging pulled me right in. Pink and eye-catching, with cute names, I can't help but be intrigued by their products.


The pen itself looks like... well... a pen and if you picked it up without the packaging, you'd probably use it as one. The problem is, as well as looking like a pen, it smells like one too and it is really off-putting. I don't like putting things that smell too strongly on my face anyway, it just doesn't feel good as you know there's an ingredient or chemical in that product making it smell like that. Well I'm not just putting this on my face, I'm putting it on the line of my eye, and that scares me a little. It straight up smells and looks like I'm drawing with a felt tip along my top lashes and that doesn't sit right with me. By all means, make your product look like something else and be creative with the design of the packaging but please, don't make it smell like I'm slathering chemicals onto my face.


As you can see, the formula itself was pretty good. It was quite pigmented and lasted for an acceptable amount of time (5 - 6 hours) but nothing spectacular and considering the price, it didn't need to be. £6 for an eyeliner pen is very reasonable. It just depends on how you are with smelly products. I'm not sure if I'll use this product again since my Colorsport one is only slightly more expensive and definitely less potent.

No comments:

Post a Comment