Thursday 20 December 2012

Soap & Glory: Love at First Blush (£11/7.5g)

Soap & Glory's packaging always catches my eye. So much thought goes into it that sometimes I feel rude walking past it without a second glance. This usually results in multiple purchases and an empty purse.



I was actually already on the hunt for a nice blush. I've never spent serious money on one and as a result, I don't own any that I really like. There was a sample of Love at First Blush being displayed and I was so taken a-back by how adorable it was, I had to go for it. 
As you can see from the images above, the packing was Soap & Glory's usual pink/'50s theme. It has a magnetised lid, which I thought was clever, so there's no faffing around with catches or bits that clip into each other. The magnet's not that strong though, only minimal effort is needed to open the compact, so I'd be careful putting it in your handbag in case it gets pried open and ruined/ruins your belongings.


The inside of the compact is perhaps even more beautiful than the outside. It contains 4 shimmery shades of pink, all in varying tones and hues. 


The powders are incredibly soft and pretty pigmented for blush and highlighter. They're stunningly pretty alone, although the sections are so small it's pretty hard to get your brush in them without picking up the others along the way. Instead, what the packaging suggests, is to swirl your blush brush around all the colours and apply it to the apples of your cheeks. This does look lovely and, since there are so many shades, it seems to match your skin tone and look extremely flattering worn this way. However, I'm yet to try it on another skin tone than my own.

If you're wanting to invest in a high quality blush powder without straying into the expensive world of high end makeup, Love at First Blush is for you. It's simply beautiful and adds a shimmer and glow to any look.

No comments:

Post a Comment