Saturday 15 December 2012

Rimmel London Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (£6.49)

When gel eyeliner first hit the shops, I thought it was a revelation; easier to apply than liquid liner but more defined and pigmented than most pencils. The only problem I found was that it dried out quickly and I ended up throwing out whole pots of the stuff so I haven't bought a new one for a while. 
I like Rimmel, which is why when I was looking through their products online, their Waterproof Gel Liner caught my attention.


The pot of product itself is tiny. Although, as I stated above, I've had trouble with almost having too much product and it drying out, so I can't complain about that, especially considering it's very reasonably priced (£6.49). 


The lid/brush arrangement is clever; the brush clips out of the lid. This is useful if you're one of those people that are always losing the small brushes you get with other gel liners, which always tend to leave black marks on everything from the leftover product. The brush itself is a little thicker than I'd like but it's still very usable and does the job. If it's a real bother, you can always use your own brush. 



The formula itself is a little dry and disappointing in terms of pigment in the swatch. However, in the tutorial I tested it in (Silver and Green) it actually worked really well, so perhaps the first swatch was just taking the 'skin' off the top, so to speak. 
It's incredibly easy to use, I'd highly recommend it if you're not very good with liquid eyeliner or just starting out with makeup. It's very forgiving and this makes it versatile, as it can be used sparingly to create a subtle look which just thickens the eyelashes, or thickly to help create a dramatic look. It may not be for you, but at only £6.49, the risk is worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment