Friday 14 December 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Pink

I've been keen to create a pink makeup tutorial, as I think it's a colour that I personally shy away from using on the eyes because I use it on other places such as cheeks and lips. Firstly, I did try Provocateur (Urban Decay) but as I suspected, the glitter made it too dry and there was so much fall out (see picture below), without much colour payoff, that I had to take it off and find something else.


I went for a couple of the other pinks in the Vice Palette and was really pleased with what I managed to create. Annoyingly, it loses some of its impact because of the poor lighting in my bedroom (I'm working on getting some light boxes for when I start filming) but hopefully you get the jist.


After priming the lid, I added Anonymous, a matte cream, to the brow bone and inner corner.


I then used a shimmery pink-peach (Freebird) over the top lid. Despite it not looking very pigmented in the picture, it was actually a really pretty colour and I imagine it would be great on its own for summer.


I then used Noise on the outer corner, crease and lower lid.


To warm up and help blend the bright pink into the skin, I added a beige with a pink hue (Laced) over the top of the pink on the outer corner and crease.


I then added Perversion to the water lines and black eyeliner pen on the top lash line. 


I also filled in my eyebrows, applied foundation, used a soft peach on the cheeks and Barry M's Cranberry Red on my lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment