Sunday 16 December 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Snow Princess


I've been meaning to do this tutorial for a long time now; ever since I started this blog, in fact. Not just because it's seasonal but because it allowed me to have a bit of a play around with different materials and products. This is the only tutorial I've specifically bought products for (yes, that is a wig, in case you didn't know) and I had a lot of fun doing it. It's a little complicated because I kept going back and adding parts (as always), so I'll try and sum it up as best I can.


Apply your usual foundation all over your face, including your eyelids, eyebrows and lips. Then go over your face with either white face paint or eyeshadow (I'd advice using a cheap eyeshadow, since you need a lot). Go underneath your eyes, eyebrows and lips with your usual concealer.


Pick an icy blue and grey to mix together and contour your face. I applied the blue first and then went over it with the grey, drawing along my cheekbones, sides of my nose and temples. Make sure you blend it thoroughly so it looks like a blue 'tinge' rather than clear cut lines. Go over your eye 'bags' to create a 'dead' look.


Go back underneath your eyes with a slightly darker blue-grey.


Go back to the original blue and grey and go over your lips, eyebrows and around the sockets of your eyes. Tip: use a clear lip balm or gloss on your lips first to make the shadow go on smoother. Obviously, you don't have to use shadow on your lips if you have liners in similar colours.


Use your finger to lightly smudge pink along your top lash line and apply red liner onto your water line.


Take a silver eye pencil and go over key areas of your face which may be 'frosty'; for example, top lash line, eyebrows and lips.


Use a black mascara on your eyelashes to length and thicken them, then add a glittery mascara to the tips. I also combed a bit of the glittery mascara over my eyebrows.


Add an icy, pale pink to your cheeks.


Add silver rhinestones (ice crystals) to the corners of your eyes. I also added them to the sides of my mouth. If you really wanted to go all out, you could add them to your top and even bottom lash line as well.



I'm so pleased with this look. Especially with the wig added, I don't even look like me. If I was to do it again, I'd probably add some light blue contacts to make it even more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment