Thursday 27 December 2012

Makeup Tutorial: 'Elegant' New Year's Eve Party

I talk a lot on this blog about 'wearable' looks. Well, this is a look which I wear ALL the time. It's my 'go to' look in terms of parties, going out for dinner, drinks or wherever because it's simple but very pretty to wear out and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. So, with New Year's Eve just days away and many of you partying the night away, I thought I'd share one of my favourite looks with you.


Prime your eyes and fill in your eyebrows (I feel as if I need to come up with an abbreviation for this somehow!) and add your choice of highlighter to apply to your brow bones and inner corners of your eyes. I used Anonymous by Urban Decay for this look, as I'd recommend using a matte highlighter for this look rather an a shimmery one.


Apply a champagne colour all over your top lid. I'm absolutely in love with Echo Beach by Urban Decay at the moment, it's perfect for this look.


Blend a shimmery taupe (like Nevermind - Urban Decay) into the crease and onto the outer corners of your top eyelids and underneath your eyes (apologies for the blurry picture in this one!).


Use a black eye pencil on your water lines and on your top lash line. Use a pencil brush or your finger to smudge/blur this slightly and then apply a bit more over the top, right next to the lash line.


Put on some black mascara and winged black false eyelashes.


Follow me on Twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment